12 Mar 12 Essential Spring Pieces
Move over winter and make room for spring. The sun has finally decided to make it’s arrival and stay…well for a few months at least. It’s time to put up your long sleeves, long coats, boots, and gloves and bring out your toes, show off your legs and wear those bright colors you’ve been dying to wear.
As you know, spring = warmer weather which means lighter fabrics, looser clothes, and brighter colors. Spring is the door opener for summer so these pieces can be used for both spring and summer. Every woman should have these key pieces in her wardrobe, not because they’re trendy but because they are the basic necessities for your spring wear.
- White Tee: These should be purchased every season because white tees are a classic and because they get messed up easily. White tees are very inexpensive and the light weight of these shirts keeps you cool in higher temperatures.
- Romper: Not interested in a long jumpsuit? Don’t worry, rompers are your best friend. Rompers look good on every body type as opposed to the possibility of jumpsuits being too long on shorter people.
- Tank Top Blouse: Comfy + chic = tank top blouse/cami blouse. These can be worn to work under your blazers and after work they can stand alone. Tank top blouses are also great because they can make a pair of jeans look chic and sassy.
- Maxi Dress: Who doesn’t love a maxi dress? They come in an wide array of styles and designs and they make everyone look FAB. These free flowing dresses will always keep you cool.
- Rain Jacket: April showers bring May flowers. Depending on where your location is, you will receive more rain than others as spring approaches. As long as you have a rain jacket, you can never worry about messing up your nice outfit.
- Canvas Sneakers: So you don’t want to show off your toes everyday and you don’t want to wear typical sneakers? Then result to wearing canvas sneakers. Believe it or not, they’re versatile. You can wear them with everything from shorts to dresses.
- Thong Sandals: You can never go wrong with a new pair of thong sandals every year. They’re a step up from your plain and boring flip flops.
- Wedge Sandals: Wedges are the safe haven of heels. They’re comfy and if you are a heel newbie, they are a good stepping stone to break you out into wearing them.
- Skinny Jeans: Skinny jeans are the perfect pair of jeans because they always look good year-round.
- Cropped pants/chinos/capris: Not interested in wearing jeans as the temps increase? Then get some cropped pants/chinos/capris. They aren’t quite as long as pants and they aren’t short like shorts. They’re your happy medium.
- Linen Pants: This light fabrics appears as if you’re wearing nothing. They’re loose fitting and so comfortable. If you don’t feel bold enough to wear shorts but you still want to wear pants, then result to linen pants.
- Black Shorts: Notice I said black shorts and not shorts in general. Black shorts, like denim shorts, are very versatile. However, I find that black shorts make my outfits look less casual as they would with a typical denim pair. So be sure to add black shorts to your list.
Make sure you check out my polyvore for outfit inspirations by me and let me know in the comments below what items from the list above will you be purchasing this spring 🙂